Upon applying a particular process, mono- or biaxial orientation, the films obtain a wealth of advantageous properties, due to a change in the morphology of the film’s molecular structure:
- excellent mechanical properties, e.g. stiffness, tear, shock or puncture resistance
- impermeability to moisture and steam
- high resistance to oils, fats and solvents, as well as to heat and cold
- dimensional stability and scratch resistance
- attractive glossy appearance, thanks to brilliant surface quality and high transparency
- excellent convertibility, printability and sealability.